WEEC is an international meeting platform that welcomes everyone interested in education for the environment and sustainable development and connects them with international actors in environmental education. WEEC 2024 is the 12th congress and will take place 29 Jan to 02 Feb 2024 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Who should attend?
The congress is an international meeting point for everyone working in education for environment and sustainable development or who has an interest in the field.
WEEC 2024 is an opportunity to learn more about the latest in environmental and sustainability education, to discuss with people from all over the world, and to share your own work and to learn from others. We are expecting participants from a wide range of countries.
Examples of participants:
- Researchers and educators at universities
- Teachers teaching all ages
- Students from primary to university level
- Local, regional and national government agencies, municipalities
- Officials from international organisations
- Managers of parks and protected areas
- Private companies who are interested in environmental and sustainability issues and in education
The congress will discuss the role and importance of education for environment and sustainability at all levels; within formal, non-formal and informal education.
Additionally, more than the two main categories of abstracts can be submitted: not only academic abstracts and practitioner abstracts, for example describing a teaching model sample focussing on environment and sustainability, but also other types/formats of abstract, such as novel, short fiction, stage performance, game and interactive activities regarding and representative of environmental education and sustainability are accepted.